We appreciate your patience during our migration to this new domain. Some of the links on our new site will still kick over to our old site while this one is under construction.
At some point the address of the new site will be the same as the old one
( www.wevavolleyball.org )
If you experience anomalies during your visit or have questions about WEVA, please contact the Webmaster/Office.
P.O. Box 593
Varysburg, NY 14167
3-THREE POINT WORK TEAM SCOREKEEPING DELAY PENALTY (SDP):
Any delay in the flow of the match that is a result of the scorekeepers inability to effectively execute the required skills of scorekeeping, will result in a 3-point SDP assigned to the start of the work team's next scheduled set/match.
1. Prior to the start of the set/match, the First Referee will communicate the SDP protocol to the Head Coach of the assigned work team. This will afford the Coach the opportunity to ensure that assigned scorekeeping personnel are duly qualified, and if not, time to replace those individuals as needed.
2. During the set/match, should a delay occur as a result of scorekeeping issues, the First Referee will advise the Work Team Coach of the SDP that has been incurred.
3. The First Referee will ensure the Work Team's SDP is recorded on the set/match scoresheet that will be used for the Work Team's next set/match. The First Referee will document in the "comment section" of the scoresheet the name of the offending team and the SDP. The First Referee may use the Pool Play Sheet posted on the score table, or may consult with the Site Coordinator if this sheet is not available at the table.
4. The First Referee will communicate the full team name and the SDP to the Head Referee and the Site Coordinator.
5. The Referee that awarded the SDP will communicate that information to the next Referee assigned to officiate that work team's next set/match.
6. The Referee assigned to the team's next set/match will, after conducting the coin toss, record the 3-point SDP in the running score column of the opposing team.
7. The Site Coordinator will maintain a record of all SDP's so that the Tournament Host may include them in the post tournament report that will be submitted to WEVA.
At the 2022 USA Volleyball Hall of Fame ceremony at the Dorothy C. Boyce Banquet on May 25 in Orlando, Fla, John Hughes was awarded the Dr. Neville A. “Doc” Booth Commissioner’s Award and inducted into the USA Volleyball Hall of Fame.
Named in honor of Dr. Neville A. “Doc” Booth, the first USA Volleyball commissioner of regions and former commissioner of Region 1, now known as the New England Regional Volleyball Association. This award recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to volleyball and USA Volleyball through the office of regional commissioner and/or as vice president of the Regional Operations Division and/or chair of the Regional Volleyball Association Assembly.
Congratulations to John for the award and everything he has contributed to WEVA!