April 24, 2022
To: 2022 WEVA BID Qualifier Participants
From: Cindy D’Errico, Jr. Coordinator
Please reference the event within AES at the following website www.advancedeventsystems.com. A QR code will be available
at site coordinator table to scan on phones that will take one directly to the event. The schedule has the playing site, courts and times listed. The facility will be open forty-five minutes
before the first match. Please be prompt, the tournament will start on time. After the initial pool play rounds, the scheduled matches will start immediately after the conclusion of the previous
match including the playoffs. Please note the following:
- Age divisions for the event are 12’s, 13’s and 14’s.
- Event guarantees only three matches or 6 sets for teams participating.
- Twelve’s five team pool will be 2 sets to 25. NO CAP. Event is allowing one step in from the end-line, starting behind the end-line for serving. Twelves will switch sides on Court 2 between sets.
- Thirteen’s four team pool will be 2 sets to 25 and the three team pool will be 3 sets to 25. NO CAP.
- Fourteen’s pool play will be 2 out of 3 set matches. NO CAP.
- In the four team pools, the 3 vs 4 teams match is the last round of pool play and the 1 vs 2 teams match is the next to the last round in pool play so work teams are available for the semis.
- The twelves last round of pool play will become a 2 out of 3 set match final, if the outcome of that round has no bearing on them being the top two teams. Otherwise, it will be played as a 2 set round and the top two teams will advance to the finals based on that outcome.
- Play will be at Pinnacle Athletic Campus on Saturday, April 30th. .Address for the facility is 7600 Pinnacle Road – Victor, New York 14564. Concessions will be available at the venue – no outside food allowed in facility.
- An admission fee will be charged at Pinnacle $5.00, seniors over 65 $3.00 and free for kids under 12 years old. These are set by the facility, not the region.
- The regular USA score sheet will be utilized for the event. Please make sure all pre and post-match ending information is filled out completely before the work team leaves the score table.
- A SITE COORDINATOR is at the site – PLEASE report to the site coordinator first thing in the morning on day of competition. A final Sports Engine or AES roster will have to be submitted at check-in.
- Please make sure that all work teams report on time – second referee, scorekeeper, flip scorer, libero tracker and two lines people. No extra team members are allowed at score table. As required in USA qualifier events, a rostered adult must serve as second referee.
- Awards for first and second place teams.
- Twelves and thirteens will award a National and an American division bid. The twelves bids will be awarded based on the finals match or finish in pool, if one of the teams in the finals is not accepting a bid. The thirteens bids will be awarded based on the finals match, if both teams are accepting bids. If one of the teams that advance to the finals of thirteens is not accepting a bid, there will be a third place match scheduled prior to the finals to determine the second bid winner, only if both semi-finals losers are accepting bids. BOTH teams that advance to the finals will share the work team responsibility for the third place match.
- NFVB 14 Navy team earned a USA bid at the NEQ Qualifier. As a result, the fourteens will have four bids to USA Nationals. There will be a scheduled third place match before the finals. BOTH teams that advance to the finals will share the work team responsibility for the third place match. If Navy wins the WEVA bid event, they will be required to take the National bid since it is a higher division than USA. The remaining bids will be awarded based on finish in the event in the following order: USA, American and Freedom. If they do not win the event, Navy will keep the USA bid and the other three bids will be awarded based on finish in the event in the following order: National, American and Freedom.
- USA Nationals are in Indianapolis, Indiana June 23rd – July 4th. The timeframe within that range is based on age division.
- GOOD LUCK to all Participants. Have fun and enjoy the day!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact your site coordinator or call me on my cell phone 585-261-1803. Thanks for your support! GOOD LUCK!