January 30, 2022
To: 2022 WEVA Rally I Participants
From: Cindy D’Errico, Jr. Coordinator
Please reference the event within AES at the following website -https://www.advancedeventsystems.com. There are two
divisions for the event: 12’s and 16’s. A QR code will be available at site coordinator table to scan on phones that
will take one directly to the event. The schedule has the playing site, courts and times listed. The facility should be
open forty-five minutes before the first match. Please be prompt the tournament will start on time. After the initial
pool play rounds, the scheduled matches will start immediately after the conclusion of the previous match including the
playoffs. Please note the following:
- The 16’s division will be played at SUNY Brockport (4 courts) - 350 Campus Drive, Brockport, NY 14420, in Tuttle North Gymnasium.
- The 12’s will be at East
- Serving guidelines for twelves is posted to WEVA website and was sent to club directors
- A SITE COORDINATOR will be stationed in SUNY Brockport Tuttle North lobby area and in hallway of East High School. PLEASE report to
the site coordinator first thing in the morning on day of competition. A final Sports Engine or AES roster will have to be submitted at check-in
- No switching of sides will occur on courts at SUNY Brockport for pool play or playoffs. Decision will be made by referees at East High School. Sometimes
the sun from the windows can be an issue. If no advantage to either team exists, then no switching will occur at East High School
- Pool Play is 2 sets to 25 – the sets have NO CAP – no tie breaker sets after pool play for any bracket placement
- Playoff matches will be best of three set match – 25 point sets/15 deciding set. NO CAP
- The abbreviated score sheet will be utilized for the event. Please make sure all match ending information is filled out completely before
the work team leaves the score table
Lobby area. Please come from Tuttle North courts to check out what is being sold! Cool design for the event.
- WEVA Protocol (posted on WEVA website, previously distributed to all club directors and sent in AES communication to all participating
teams) will be followed for the event. MASKS are mandatory at all times inside the building and must be worn appropriately
covering both the nose and mouth. Coaches will be held responsible for monitoring and enforcing the protocol. Please cooperate
so WEVA can continue to utilize the facilities within the region. There is unlimited spectators for both venues
- Be respectful of the site coordinators and personnel from SUNY Brockport and East High School. Both facilities are key to the region. Abiding
by all guidelines and protocol set by both facilities is critical. The region’s priority is to continue to be able to host events providing athletes an opportunity to play
- Due to the shortage of available referees within the region, please be respectful to the first referee provided by the assigned work team, if needed. This
event should have enough referees to cover the scheduled matches
- Merchandise will be sold at SUNY Brockport in Tuttle North Lobby area
- Unless otherwise noted, all losing teams stay and work the next scheduled playoff match on the court. Please confirm with site coordinator before you leave that all your work assignments have been met.
- Please make sure that work teams report on time – second referee, scorekeeper, flip scorer and two lines people. No extra team members are allowed at
score table. One rostered adult is required to be part of the work team. Work team will provide their own pens.
- Concessions will NOT be available at SUNY Brockport.
- Limited concessions will be available at East High School.
- Please be respectful of the custodial staff by leaving your camping area as clean as when you arrived.
- The team codes associated with the participating teams are available within AES.
- Awards for first and second place for all age groups in gold and first place for silver division.
- GOOD LUCK to all Participants. Have fun and enjoy the day!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact your site coordinator or call me on my cell
phone 585-261-1803. Thanks for your support!