February 3, 2018
To: 2018 WEVA Festival Participants
From: Cindy D’Errico, Jr. Coordinator
Please find enclosed the WEVA Festival schedule for all age divisions. The schedule has the playing site and times listed. The facility should be open an hour before the first match. Please be prompt the tournament will start on time. The times are estimated. After the initial pool play rounds, the scheduled matches will start immediately
after the conclusion of the previous match including the playoffs. Please note the following:
- Pool Play format are noted on each pool – the sets have NO CAP
- Playoff matches will be best of three set match – 25 point sets/15 deciding set. NO CAP
- The 12 and under division will follow the WEVA serving guidelines for the event. All girls teams make the playoffs.
- Pools C and D for the 15’s will have a break after the 10:40 round since they are working or playing in all rounds.
- Merchandise will be sold at the Pinnacle Sports Complex on Saturday and Sunday.
- 12’s division and 14’s division are at Pinnacle Sports Complex on Saturday and 16’s division is there on Sunday. 7600 Pinnacle Road, Victor, NY 14564.
- 13’s division is at Hot Shots on Saturday – 1046 University Avenue, Rochester NY 14607
- 15’s division is at Tri-County Sports Complex on Saturday - 856 Walworth Penfield Road, Macedon NY 14502
- 17’s division is at East High School on Sunday – 1801 East Main Street, Rochester NY 14609
- 18’s division is at Spencerport High School (2707 Spencerport Road, Spencerport NY – Gold division playoffs) and Spencerport Cosgrove Middle School (2749 Spencerport Road, Spencerport – Silver division playoffs) on Sunday – some teams will move after pool play dependent on which bracket they qualify to play in
- A SITE COORDINATOR is at the site – PLEASE report to the site coordinator first thing in the morning on day of competition. A final webpoint roster will have to be submitted at check-in
- Unless otherwise noted, all losing teams stay and work the next scheduled playoff match on the court. Please confirm with site coordinator before you leave that all your work assignments have been met
- Please make sure that all work teams report on time – second referee, scorekeeper, libero tracker, flip scorer and two lines people
- Please have your teams have the CERTIFIED individuals do score and second referee assignments for all work assignments unless your work team is in the process of being certified. Forms will be
available to be certified the day of the event. Feel free to turn completed certifications in to the site coordinator. They will be given to the WEVA office for entry into the webpoint database. You
will need to print a new roster once entered so the “Y"s are noted accurately for future events
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD at Pinnacle Sports Complex, Hot Shots or Tri-County Sports Complex – CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE at Pinnacle and Tri-County. The restaurant at Hot Shots will be open for breakfast (8AM) and lunch. There
will be a limited concession available at East High School. NO concessions at the Spencerport facilities.
- Spectator Fee of $3.00 at Pinnacle Sports Complex, $2.00 fee at Tri-County Sports Complex – not set by WEVA
- Awards for first and second place in gold division and first place for silver
- The tie breaker procedures in the packet will be utilized for all age groups EXCEPT the 15’s. Tri-County has a time constraint on one of the four courts. No tie breaker sets will be played in the 15’s division
- GOOD LUCK to all Participants. Have fun and enjoy the day!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact your site coordinator or call me on my cell phone 585-261-1803.
Thanks for your support! GOOD LUCK!