February 7, 2022
To: 2022 WEVA Festival Participants
From: Cindy D’Errico, Jr. Coordinator
Please reference the event within AES at the following website www.advancedeventsystems.com There are four divisions for the
event: 12’s, 13’s, 14’s and 15’s. A QR code will be available at site coordinator table to scan on phones that will take one directly to the event. The schedule has the
playing site, courts and times listed. The facility should be open forty-five minutes before the first match. Please be prompt the tournament will start on time. After the
initial pool play rounds, the scheduled matches will start immediately after the conclusion of the previous match including the playoffs. Please note the following:
- The 15’s division will be played at Pinnacle Athletic Complex (6 courts) - 7600 Pinnacle Drive, Victor, NY
- The 14’s will be played at the East Main Street Armory (6 courts) – 900 East Main Street, Rochester, NY
- The 13’s will be played at Tri-County Sports Complex (3 courts) - 856 Walworth-Penfield Road, Macedon, NY
- The 12’s will be played at East High School (3 courts) - 1801 East Main Street, Rochester, NY
- An admission fee will be charged at East High School $3.00, free for kids under 11 years old, Tri-County $5.00, free for
veterans and kids under 11 years old, Pinnacle $5.00, seniors over 65 $3.00 and free for kids under 12 years old. These
are set by the facilities not the region. Armory – no admission charge
- A SITE COORDINATOR will be stationed at each facility. PLEASE report to the site coordinator first thing in the morning on day of competition. A final Sports Engine or AES roster will have to be submitted at check-in
- No switching of sides will occur at Pinnacle, Armory and Tri-County for pool play or playoffs. Decision will be made by referees at East High School. Sometimes the sun from the windows can be an issue. If no advantage to either team exists, then no switching will occur at East High School
- Pool Play is 2 sets to 25 – the sets have NO CAP
- NO tie breaker sets will be played after pool play for determination of finish in pools and placement into any playoff bracket
- Playoff matches will be best of three set match – 25 point sets/15 deciding set. NO CAP
- The abbreviated score sheet will be utilized for the event. Please make sure all match ending information is filled out completely before the work team leaves the score table
- WEVA Protocol (posted on WEVA website, previously distributed to all club directors and sent in AES communication to all participating teams) will be followed for the event. MASKS are mandatory at all times inside the building and must be worn appropriately covering both the nose and mouth. Coaches will be held responsible for monitoring and enforcing the protocol. Please cooperate so WEVA can continue to utilize the facilities within the region. There is unlimited spectators for both venues.
- Be respectful of the site coordinators and staff personnel at the facilities. Abiding by all guidelines and protocol set by all facilities are critical. The region’s priority is to continue to be able to host events providing athletes an opportunity to play.
- Due to the shortage of available referees within the region, please be respectful to the first referee provided by the assigned work team or clubs, if needed. This event will not have enough referees to cover the scheduled matches.
- Unless otherwise noted, all losing teams stay and work the next scheduled playoff match on the court. Please confirm with site coordinator before you leave that all your work assignments have been met.
- Please make sure that work teams report on time – second referee, scorekeeper, flip scorer and two lines people. No extra team members are allowed at score table. One rostered adult is required to be part of the work team. Work team will provide their own pens
- Concessions will be available at Pinnacle, Armory and Tri-County.
- Spectator Fee of $5.00 at Pinnacle Sports Complex – not set by WEVA
- Awards for first and second place in gold division and first place for silver
- The posted tie breaker procedures will be utilized for all age groups EXCEPT the 16’s and 17’s where no tie breaker sets will be played due to a time constraint at Pinnacle
for 16’s and the 17’s division having some teams moving between facilities after pool play
- GOOD LUCK to all Participants. Have fun and enjoy the day!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact your site coordinator or call me on my cell phone 585-261-1803.
Thanks for your support! GOOD LUCK!