March 8, 2020
To: 2020 WEVA BID Qualifier 18 Participants
From: Cindy D’Errico, Jr. Coordinator
Please find enclosed the WEVA BID schedule for the 18 and under age division. The schedule has the playing site and times
listed. The facility should be open an hour before the first match. Please be prompt the tournament will start on time.
After the initial pool play rounds, the scheduled matches will start immediately after the conclusion of the previous match.
Please note the following:
- Pool A will be three sets due to being a 3 team pool – 25 points. NO CAP – results will be determined by match play not overall sets
- Pool B will be best of three set match – 25 point sets/15 deciding set. NO CAP
- Play will be at Niagara Frontier Sports on Sunday, March 15th. Address for the facility is 425 Meyer Road - West Seneca, New York 14224. Concessions will be available at the venue
- A SITE COORDINATOR is at the site – PLEASE report to the site coordinator first thing in the morning on day of competition. A final webpoint roster will have to be submitted at check-in
- Please make sure that all work teams report on time – second referee, scorekeeper, libero tracker, flip scorer and two lines people.
- Please have your teams have the CERTIFIED individuals do score and second referee assignments for all work assignments unless your work team is in the process of being certified. Forms
will be available to be certified the day of the event. Feel free to turn completed certifications in to the site coordinator. They will be given to the WEVA office for entry into the
webpoint database. You will need to print a new roster once entered so the “Y"s are noted accurately for future events
- Awards for first and second place teams
- Paradigm Revolution earned a USA BID at the Boston Festival Event. As a result, there may have to be a third place playoff match. This will occur if Paradigm Revolution and Niagara
Frontier Navy were to make it to the finals. The work team for the semi-finals may be asked to work the finals and the play-off match so they can be played at the same time. If
not, the third place match will occur after the finals with the losing team of the finals working it. This is at the discretion of the site coordinator
- The Champion will earn/accept WEVA’s National BID to participate in the spring USA Nationals in Reno, Nevada on May 1st – May 3rd
- GOOD LUCK to all Participants. Enjoy the day!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact your site coordinator or call me on my cell phone 585-261-1803. Thanks for your support! GOOD LUCK!
18’s – Team Codes
|Eastside Ice Tempest 18-1
|Niagara Frontier 18 Navy