March 1, 2018
To: 2018 WEVA 15’s Challenge Participantss
From: Cindy D’Errico, Jr. Coordinator
Please find enclosed the WEVA 15’s Challenge schedule with the playing site and times listed. The facility should be open an hour before the first match. Please be
prompt as the tournament will start on time. The times are estimated. After the initial pool play rounds, the scheduled matches will start immediately after the conclusion
of the previous match including the playoffs. Please note the following:
- Pool Play formats are noted on each pool – the sets have NO CAP
- Playoff matches will be best of three set match – 25 point sets/15 deciding set. NO CAP
- A SITE COORDINATOR is at the site – PLEASE report to the site coordinator first thing in the morning on day of competition. A final webpoint roster will have to be submitted at check-in.
- Unless otherwise noted, all losing teams stay and work the next scheduled playoff match on the court. Please confirm with site coordinator before you leave that all your work assignments have been met. Losing teams from GOLD and SILVER divisions are working for playoff matches in the other division as noted on playoff brackets.
- Please make sure that all work teams report on time – second referee, scorekeeper, libero tracker, flip scorer and two lines people.
- Please have your teams have the CERTIFIED individuals do score and second referee assignments for all work assignments unless your work team is in the process of
being certified. Forms will be available to be certified the day of the event. Feel free to turn completed certifications in to the site coordinator. They will be
given to the WEVA office for entry into the webpoint database. You will need to print a new roster once entered so the “Y"s are noted accurately for future events.
- Awards for first and second place in gold division and first place for the silver division
- The event will be at the Rochester Institute of Technology – Clark Gym and Student Life Center – The Quarter Mile Walkway, Rochester, New York 14623.
- GOOD LUCK to all Participants. Have fun and enjoy the day!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact your site coordinator or call me on my cell phone 585-261-1803. Thanks for your support! GOOD LUCK